Maths at Clyst Heath
The Primary Maths curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics
- Problem solve with increasing sophistication
- Are able to reason mathematically
At Clyst Heath we achieve these aims by:
- Having the highest expectations for all our students
- Creating a mathematically rich environment within our school.
- Developing increased fluency in the fundamentals of mathematics through our ‘skills hour.’
- Use of 'Flipped Classrooms' to pre-teach children and inform parents how children are being taught in the classroom so that they can apply these strategies at home.
- Detailed planning with clear differentiation that ensures all children are accessing the curriculum and are being challenged on a daily basis.
- Rigorous assessment that informs both teacher and student the next steps needed to take their learning forward.