'School Gateway Communication'
Dear Parents and Carers
Improving your links with school
The school is implementing Schoolcomms, a school communication system. This will enable you to receive all your communications from school quickly and reliably. We can send letters by email to your inbox and short messages directly to your mobile phone as a text message, or if you have either an Apple or Android mobile phone, by app message. See below for further App information.
- Receive letters more reliably and promptly
- See letters in your inbox like any other email
- Get a short text message or app message if we need to contact you urgently
- Still get paper letters if you don’t have email
- Not need to rely on your child for delivery
- Be able to reply by email, text or app message
- Send more letters and information
- Save money on admin time, printing and paper
- Contact you urgently when necessary
The school will use the email address and mobile number that we hold for the Priority one contact(s) in our database. If you are not certain that we have your correct details, please contact the school. If you change your contact details please let the school know as soon as possible.
'Schoolcomms' is registered with the data protection act. All information you provide will be kept private and will not be passed on to any other organisation. Your details will only be used for the purpose of school business. You will not receive any SPAM or marketing material.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Elaine Fanson on
Instructions for Accessing School Gateway App.
From time to time, we send information to parents via text message to your mobile phone. A new, free, smartphone app for parents is now available for download called ‘School Gateway’ for Apple (iPhone 3GS or later, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android (2.3 / Gingerbread or later) devices.
Please could you download this new app to your phone (it’s free!) as it will help us improve communication with parents – it will save you and the school money.
The set-up process is simple and will take no more than a couple of minutes:
2. Install the app and if you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”
3. When you launch School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school
4. The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and the app will be activated for you.
As soon as you’ve got the system set-up, all of the text messages we send you will appear in the app; you’ll receive notifications/alerts as normal.
If you’ve recently changed your email address or mobile telephone number, please let us know so we can update our records.
Thank you for your help.